Thanksgiving. Probably our favorite day of the year (though the Day Before Thanksgiving is nearly its equal). A holiday all about food, football and tradition that leads us into the Christmas season. Truly wonderful.
On the menu today:
- 22 pound turkey smoked on the grill
- 18 pound turkey roasted in the oven (using Alton Brown's famous recipe)
- Cranberry Chutney (first time ever)
- Grilled asparagus (first time ever)
- Mashed potatoes & gravy
- Cornbread stuffing with grilled sausage
- Regular stuffing
- Parker House Rolls
- Apps: kielbasa, chips & salsa, cheese & crackers, meatballs
- Desserts: apple pie, carrot cake, trifle
And yes, as is our tradition, we will be updating the blog, as well as our Twitter feed, with food pictures all day.