Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Good Pork...Bad Pork

The Good: A simple prep of honey mustard, pepper and Kosher salt on a pork tenderloin. Put it on the grill for about 14 minutes and it was perfect.


The Bad: Tried a new recipe of pork medallions wrapped in bacon. I sliced a pork tenderloin into one inch pieces. Each one was then wrapped in bacon...UNTIL I realized I did not have any toothpicks to keep the bacon in place. I tried using butcher string, but quickly realized that was way too much trouble. So I simply skipped the bacon part. Using 2 tablespoons of oil, I heated the stainless steel pan and cooked the medallions three minutes on each side. The result? Not good, not good at all. I could have handled the fact that grease spattered all over the stove. But that, combined with the fact the pork was tough and dry, made it a major bummer. The tough and dry part could have been avoided by using the bacon, but of course I had no toothpicks.




No comments: