Monday, June 22, 2009

Last day of school...

The Playmaker and The Playmaker's Sister ended their school year today. (Our last day is Wednesday.) We found this poem written by an anonymous poet.
k
Remember how I walked away,
On tiny feet, my first school day?
With tiny hands I waved goodbye,
And I saw the tear in the corner of your eye.
But you were brave and so was I.
We both tried hard not to cry.

My little feet carried me to school.
I remember your saying, "Now obey every rule!"
My little hands opened the heavy school door.
Everywhere I looked, there were kids galore.
I went down the hall to the big red "K".
There was Mrs. LaBoon to show me the way.

We made a big family, Mrs. LaBoon, the "Mother".
With a family this large, we had to help each other.
I've tried hard to listen throughout the whole year.
So when I'm in first grade, I'll have nothing to fear.
The muscles in my hands are now much stronger.
And even my feet look a whole lot longer.

On the last day of school, as we all wave goodbye,
Do you s'pose Mrs. LaBoon will have a tear in her eye?
It really has been a happy school year.
And if it weren't for you, Mom and Dad,
I just wouldn't have been here!!

No comments: