Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Chicken Parm & Chicken Fingers

Last Sunday, I whipped up Chicken Parmesan. I also made chicken fingers for my five year old, who had no interest in the chicken parm. I used Italian bread crumbs and added a heavy dose of Italian spices, with some pepper and kosher salt. The chicken breasts were bathed in egg-wash and then drudged in the bread crumb mixture.



Next, I coated the All-Clad pan with olive oil and turned the heat up to medium high. Once the pan was hot, I put in the chicken. The first side cooked for about 5 minutes and then the other side went down for 4 minutes. (I have also used thin-cut chicken breasts before...those times can be reduced by about 2 minutes a side.)


Once the chicken was done, I placed it in a Pyrex pan that had a layer of spaghetti sauce in it. Each piece was covered with thin slices of fresh mozzarella and then capped with more sauce. (Sometimes I put the don't put sauce on the mozzarella.)

The pan went into a 450 degree oven for about 10 minutes.

Here are the chicken fingers. I simply cut up the chicken breasts into manageable chunks, then did the whole egg-wash and bread crumb thing. Those went into the All-Clad pan (with olive oil) for about 3 minutes a side.


No comments: