Sunday, September 9, 2007

NFL Stone Cold Lock of the Day

Got invited to join a football pool that, of course, seems like easy money. I simply have to correctly pick one game each week during the NFL season. The tricky point spread is not even involved! The only catch is I can't pick the same team two weeks in a row. As soon as I get one game wrong, I am out of the pool.

Unfortunately, the contest starts today, which eliminated an easy gimme of picking the Colts over the Saints last Thursday. I was tempted to go with the Patriots over the Jets today, and while I am almost positive New England will win, I decided to see if there was a safer play somewhere else.

Seattle at home against Tampa? That looks pretty good. Same for the Chargers against the visiting Bears.

However, after much thought and internal debate, I am going to pull the trigger on the Pittsburgh Steelers being able to go on the road and defeat the Cleveland Browns. If I am right, I will be allowed to pick another game next weekend.

If not? Then I am one-and-done, baby!

But I am sure Romeo "Romeo, Let Down Your Team!" Crennel will not fail me.

No comments: