Monday, October 1, 2007

N.L. East Champion Prime Rib & Potatoes

I celebrated the Phillies' Big Day yesterday by roasting a 6.5 pound rib roast (bone-in) and some potato wedges. The rib roast sat out for for about 25 minutes to lower the internal temperature, which helps promote even cooking. I then hit it with Kosher salt, cracked black pepper, Adobo and a heavy dose of Italian spices. It took just over three hours (over temp. = 325) to hit an internal temp of 154 degrees. Perfect for My Wife and Kids, who don't like anything other than medium. It was a tad too done for my liking, but I easily solved that by taking the center cut for myself and giving the end cuts to them. Next time, I will pull the roast when it hits 150 degrees. I cut three large Idaho Potatoes into eighths and pasted them with a mixture of extra virgin olive oil, pepper, garlic powder and Italian spices. The potatoes went into the oven at 450 degrees for about 40 minutes.






No comments: