Sunday, October 21, 2007

Early morning thoughts from the treadmill

Wow. Notre Dame brought out the green unis yesterday against Southern Cal. The problem was Joe Montana was not playing QB for Charlie Weiss. Some kid named Evan Sharpley was.

Speaking of the unis. The worst part was those frigging socks. Not even Goldstein from The White Shadow ever wore those things...


I can't remember the last time I made it to bed on a Saturday before midnight.

No, I have not been out clubbing.

Even better, I have been watching SEC Saturday night football. I represent OU. But I am quickly becoming an SEC addict. Speed. Olympian-esque athletes. Insane fans. More speed. My gosh, if I wasn't married with kids, I would find a school to teach at down south and move in a heartbeat.

Florida and LSU are probably the two best teams in the country. Kentucky and Auburn are two of the top 12 teams around. South Carolina is top 20. And do you really think Boston College could go into Mobile and roll up on the Fighting Nick Sabans?

Give me the SEC and I will give you every other conference in the world. Put together a team. I will beat you damn near every time.

Give me 53 SEC players of my choice, Saban will be the coach. There are at least five NFL teams I will beat...

How come (nearly) every show I watch ends up getting canceled? Last year, I watched Windfall and What About Brian?

Now? Gone. Both.

So why do I get the feeling FX's Damages won't be around for me next year?...

At least The Office is one hour this year. For that, I am thankful...

I am confused. Did Al Gore create the internet or global warming?

Or is Albert responsible for both?...

College football has been so spectacular this fall, I haven't even noticed how bad My Philadelphia Eagles are.

Or is it because of college football that don't even care about the Birds?...

I'm not sure how long he'll be around, but I would definitely like to hang out with is Mark Mangino...

If you are an attractive woman, have nice legs and teeth, and are willing to wear short (very short) skirts -- YOU CAN HOST A NEWS SHOW!...

Cool fall weather will come eventually, right?

Wearing shorts less than 10 days before Halloween just ain't right...

My eight year old was watching a Michigan football game on TV with me recently. During a commercial, I switched over to watch the University of Delaware game.

My daughter asked me, "Is this a high school game?"...

Five People I Want to Have Dinner with (not named Mangino):

1. Tim Tebow
2. Karl Rove
3. Wes Wesley
4. John Black
5. Norman Chad


And yes, I will do the grilling.

No comments: