Saturday, October 6, 2007

Papa's got a brand new funk

I've been lazy with my Baby Backs lately. I have been hitting them with rub and then throwing them in the oven. When they're done, I have been putting down some BBQ sauce and just turning on the oven broiler for three minutes. An easy way to get decent ribs.

Thursday night, I was motivated. Coach Pete would have said I was Jacked and Pumped. And feeling a bit Dangerous. I massaged the ribs with a heavy dose of rub. I then wrapped them tightly in Saran Wrap overnight in the refrigerator. Below, is what they looked like after 20 hours.




I then used my traditional oven method. I put the ribs in at 225 degrees for exactly 2 1/2 hours. When they came out, this is what they looked like:


The next move was huge. I fired up The Webber and got it to about 500 degrees. I then basted the ribs with sauce (both sides) on the grill for six minutes, turning and flipping them twice. The finished product is below.


For reasons unknown to me, My Kids are not big rib fans. (More for me, right?!?) So, for them I made pizza. I rolled market bought dough and added sauce.


I bought fresh mozzarella and sliced it as thinly as possible. (It was so fresh, it was almost too moist, which made getting thin slices difficult.) After adding the mozzarella, I sprinkled on My New Best Friend -- Mr. Italian Spices.




15 minutes later (at 425 degrees), dinner was served.




No comments: